Adult Mentors gain experience in positive youth development, public speaking, and community organizing while providing vital support to the Peers Building Justice program.
All Adult Mentors must complete SPAN’s 44-hour paraprofessional training. We offer our Anti-Violence Volunteer training three times annually; February, June and October. In this training, you will learn about social justice issues, the dynamics of abuse, how to provide support in a non-judgmental way, and how to use your time to advance positive social change…and you may be changed in the process! Become a part of the solution as we work together to end all forms of violence.
Upcoming Training dates:
Please check here for updates on upcoming training dates.
- Presenting and co-presenting an 8-session sexual violence, harassment and relationship abuse curriculum for middle and high school students throughout BVSD.
- Developing supportive mentoring relationships with youth Campus Organizers in the after school Training Institute.
- Helping to prepare youth for community projects, teen events, and individual creative expression.
- Developing educational and promotional material in alignment with PBJ’s mission to (1) unearth community awareness of social-justice issues, (2) inspire arts-based events and projects to end oppression, (3) build youth power, and (4) create transformative discussions in classrooms, our communities, and everywhere in between.
Youth Violence Prevention Educator, SPAN
K-8 Violence Prevention Educator, SPAN
- High school graduate or at least 21 years old (unless a former PBJ Campus Organizer).
- Experience providing leadership to youth.
- Ability to make commitment to Peers Building Justice from June t
- Available 5-10 hours/month.
- Attend all trainings and meetings.
- Dedicated interest in creating positive social activism and change with anti-oppression issues.
To apply send a completed volunteer application to PBJBoulder@gmail.com.